BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
An in-demand skill set for the digital age.
High-profile domestic and global cyberattacks have made private sector and government decision-makers painfully aware of the need for well-trained cybersecurity professionals. In response to this growing need, the 认证 Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) has established the first undergraduate curriculum guidelines for cybersecurity, while the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security have developed a cybersecurity certification.
Mercyhurst University’s 网络安全 bachelor’s program is one of the first stand-alone programs in the nation to follow both of these guidelines. Already home to one of the nation’s most respected Intelligence Studies programs, Mercyhurst is now able to leverage our experience, 教师专业知识, cutting-edge resources and industry connections to provide an unparalleled cybereducation at the undergraduate level.
- Mercyhurst’s 网络安全 program is the only one in the nation to allow students to pursue a double major with Intelligence Studies, offered through the nation’s largest academic intelligence program.
- The 网络安全 major couples technical computer networking and hacking skills with data analytic skills and cyberlaw and policy.
- Graduates of the 网络安全 Program will be fortified with the necessary skillset and well positioned to meet the fastest growing demand of cybersecurity jobs, 哪一个, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics is estimated to grow at a 31% rate through 2029, a rate that is over seven times faster than the national average job growth of 4%.
Mercyhurst’s cyberlab and networks operation center, a joint venture with Erie-based firm Federal 资源 Corporation, provides experiential learning opportunities for Mercyhurst students to conduct projects on behalf of real-world clients.
- CIS 100: Introduction to 计算机科学 (3 credits)
- CIS 200: Linear Data Structures (3 credits)
- CIS 210: Non-Linear Data Structures (3 credits)
- Choose at least two other CIS courses (except CIS 201)
- CIS 100: Introduction to 计算机科学 (3 credits)
- CIS 160: Introduction to 网络安全 (3 credits)
- CIS 261: Information Security (3 credits)
- CIS 360: Computer Systems Security (3 credits)
- CIS 361: Network Security (3 credits)
Center for Intelligence Research Analysis and Training (CIRAT)我们的 CIRAT程序 works to hone and professionalize the skills of students in Intelligence Studies and Computer Information Science programs. As a nonprofit arm of Mercyhurst University, CIRAT develops opportunities with business and government entities through contracts, 奖助金, and academic partnerships. Students of all academic levels can participate in CIRAT to apply their skills in a variety of collaborative intelligence and data-driven projects. By participating in CIRAT, Mercyhurst students gain a competitive edge; upon graduation, they already have applicable, hands-on experience working with national security organizations, U.S. government agencies, private sector businesses, and more.
The Federal 资源 Corporation Cyber 教育 Center is an 8,000-square-foot state-of-the-art cyber training and mitigation facility providing classroom and experiential learning.
The 网络安全 major is one of few undergraduate programs in the nation that can offer the professional training and specialized skill sets required for a cyber career.
For majors interested in advancing their education beyond the bachelor’s level, Mercyhurst’s 4+1 master’s programs are excellent options.
The Mercyhurst Cyber 教育 Center includes four separate spaces:
- Federal 资源 Corporation Cyber 教育 Center
- A Network Operations Center
The 网络安全 Lab features 20 individual terminals, each outfitted with high-end computing power and large monitors. The lab operates on an independent network with its own servers and firewalls, completely isolated from the campus network. 除了, the lab features virtual forensic workstations, mobile devices for exploitation tests, threat-analysis software packages, and other relevant platforms.
The Network Operations Center is staffed and operated by Federal 资源 Corporation. 在这个空间里, this prestigious Erie-based firm will provide experiential learning opportunities for Mercyhurst students to conduct projects on behalf of real-world clients.
The Computer Labs provide hands-on education to undergraduate and graduate students in Mercyhurst’s cyber, data science and intelligence programs.
“America’s daily life, economic vitality, and national security depend on a secure cyberspace. A vast array of interdependent IT networks, 系统, 服务, and resources are critical to communication, 旅行, 为家庭, running the economy, and obtaining government 服务.” – U.S. Department of Homeland Security
对于我们的专业, these experiences can open a world of opportunities that offer job stability, career mobility and excellent earning potential.
As you consider future career opportunities, keep in mind these points about the cyber industry:
- The cybersecurity market will be worth upwards of $230 billion by 2022 (Markets and Markets Research).
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 31 percent job growth in the IT security sectors through 2029.
- Globally, cyber crime losses are projected to top $10.5 trillion each year by 2025.
Students in the 4+1 programs can save time and money by earning both a bachelor’s and a master’s in five years. 作为一个4+1的学生, you’ll complete grad-level coursework in your junior and/or senior years, earning master’s degree credits as an undergrad (included in your undergraduate flat billing). You’ll still graduate on time with your class before seamlessly transitioning to the graduate program to finish your master’s in one year or less.
The following Mercyhurst master’s programs include 4+1 options: